Friday, December 9, 2011

Vacation Project!!

Hi lovelies! Today I am posting my long time pending post!! I was and still am supper excited about this project of mine which I did in my Diwali vacations. I made a skirt for myself from scratch literally because I didn't have any drawing to refer to and made the first cut by trial and error on paper. I had learned this amazing honeycomb smocking on Burdastyle, its amazing site for trying out new patterns!! Anyway I wanted to try that on a skirt!! Here it goes!! My Honeycomb Smocking Skirt!!

 It is just below knee length with a zip in one side. It looks stretchable but since I didn't add elastic to it, it does not stretch.
  






I am still to find a perfect top for this. I was thinking of sleeveless white and black horizontal strips top. What do you think will go on this? Do let me know!!

Enjoy the day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. u wud be tucking in the top???
    obvio u hav to :P if u want that pattern to b seen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good one :) Ummm...I think a plain beige tank top or as you said black n white tank would do pretty well with this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ankita- I'll be tucking the top!!

    @swarnali- Thnx!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)