Friday, June 6, 2014

Princess Line Dress

I realized I have never introduced this dress on my blog. I guess mostly because this was my last project in my sewing class. I am still amazed what all I could stitch under guidance because I had an amazing teacher. It has been 3 years now and I wore this dress many times.

Story of the Princess Line Dress - 
The origin of the dress was a Synthetic Green Saree on which my mum had done Kutch Embroidery. After overuse she wanted to dispose it. I was learning Princess Tucks/ Princess Line Dress then and had done one for mum as shown in the post here. So, I designed a dress around it. Using a synthetic fabric at such a stage was difficult while stitching. I had also wanted to learn to stitch cups for this dress though it wasn't backless. So, the overall stitching was challenging. But results were amazing and I am so proud!! :)

Stitched - by Me
Embroidery Work - by Mum








I am happy for the good pictures for this Outfit post (at last)!! Yay!! :)


Until next time,
Love,
Lazygul<3







11 comments:

  1. My my you pretty thing!! That embroidery work is really well done and so is your stitching... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swar :)
      Got Mihir to click pictures for me ;)

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I love the green dress and your hair and makeup is perfect! Nice blog

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in Salwar suit. Green is your color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely girl!!! I like your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! You have commendable stitching skills!

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)