Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hairpin Make-over

Hello lovelies! This make-over idea came after brainstorming for the VIBGYOR Challenge organised by InDIAN FASHION BLOGGERS. The theme of this challenge was to incorporate any five colours from the rainbow and come up with interesting and creative ideas. It can be an outfit, art, object, food item, etc.- anything you like, but it should include minimum of five colours.

So I came up this idea to transform a dull black hairpin by adding a dash of colour to it, making it a summer accessory.

Things required were:-

A black hairpin, scissors and colour threads

I started with winding colour thread between the gaps in the spikes. After the required amount of rounds I cut the thread and tied a knot in the back to secure it's place. I repeated the procedure 4 times with different colours and keeping a gap between the colours. 

Below is the pin after the make-over



Tried it as soon as it was done!




Let me know what you think about this idea...

Until next time,

Love,
Lazygul<3

26 comments:

  1. i love DIY's! great to add a pop of color to your hair!

    thenotsogirlyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple but effective DIY! A very creative idea! :)


    www.chpdzn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mala ek banvun dey :P i ll let u knw wt colours i want! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there love this post! and ur blog
    lets follow each other?
    im ur new follower on gfc and liked ur facebook page also..hope u follow me back via gfc and like my facebook page also :)
    xx
    priyanka
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by!! will surely visit your blog!!:)

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea! I really like the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWEESSOOOMMEEE!!! will surely try..

    your newest follower..

    please check out my blog "Nail Art Hues" and please follow if you like :)
    thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple yet so cute. And now it looks like such a great hair accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is creative <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Lovely. This is creative <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woww....what a lovely and creative idea! Really cute! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back!
    Have a nice day<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute idea! I like it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an innovative idea to make it colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a great, simple, and fantastic idea! Very creative :) I want to try this for sure.

    Amber
    Ambersmouthwash

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)