Monday, June 11, 2012

Smocking Skirt for a Brunch

It's been ages since I have done an outfit post...reason being- no photographers available in my life right now *sad face*.....So, when I finally decided to wear my lovely smocking skirt (post- here), for a brunch party at my friend's place, I decided I am going take pictures at any cost....Got home, back from the party, hunted my brother away from his computer (or else he is stuck with his books) and made him click my pictures...After the party, effects were clear on my face so cropped it for this post, isn't skirt the star of the show? *winks*. Also my bro has less patience- crazy low. He will be like, "Are we done?" all the time...so he just clicked two helpful pictures, the pose unfortunately being the same :(

Now some brunch gossips, we all graduated with DISTINCTION!! Yay!! We were celebrating our victory so to say. Met my girls after like a month or so....So did loads of catching up! We discussed who might be 1st in our college, what lays ahead for all of us, shared some hot gossips, etc. I had amazing time with them! :)

About the outfit-
Skirt-Handmade (post- here)
Top and Shrug- Local shop
Bangles- Kerala + Flea market
Belt (added to make definition between the top and skirt) - Colaba Causeway
Clutch- Gifted
Ring- Deepika Designs 
Necklace- Gifted by Bro
Watch- Citizen
Shoes (not in this pictures)- My rainy shoes in Black from Bata.

Here are the pictures!! :)


The Skirt


The Honeycomb Smocking






It was so hard to find a top for this skirt...it gives an over all sailor effect, don't you think?

Until next time,

Love,
Lazygul<3

35 comments:

  1. The skirt is very pretty, lovely color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I just loveeeee your skirt !! Doesn't look like handmade at all !!
    And I know how brothers can be impatient, last time I asked my bro to click my picz and he was like- how many more picz do u want?? :D :)

    Love
    Nitika
    http://shopaholicutie.blogspot.in/2012/06/hey-lovelies-i-hope-you-are-having.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....Bros are either lazy or they really don't care, we choose lazy, don't we? ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the color of your skirt <3 <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally love Red in different hues and shades....thanks for dropping by!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ah that honeycomb smocked skirt!! Me loves!! You look lovely,babe!! I wish the pic had your face as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swar....I wanted my face to be seen too...but it was just dragging attention from the skirt (in a bad way)...so skipped it!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I can make one for you...just tell me your proper waist fit size and colour ;)

      Delete
  6. I like ur top.. I want a similar one!! :)
    Thank you for such a lovely comment on my previous post :)

    Maybe you have time to read my New Post- Similar Difference

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by!! Would surely check your blog!! :)
    Keep visiting!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your blog,sooo cute.
    I am mad about stripes :)))

    XOXO
    Eshna
    allthingsdesirable.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello,nice blog.please follow me and i follow you back.http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful outfit!! I love the skirt, the colour, the cut it is perfect :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Lovely blog!
    Following now! :)
    Please, can you follow me back?
    http://dreameranete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!:) Welcome to my blog!!:)
      Would surely visit your blog!!:)

      Delete
  12. u styled it perfectly. The tee was a perfect choice for that skirt.

    www.styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I was so confused to be honest!! :)

      Delete
  13. cool..i like it :)

    xx,
    www.the-aylar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!

    Nice blog, too! Would you like to follow mine?

    All you have to do is...
    1) Follow me (via Google Friend Connect)
    2) Comment on any of my posts to let me know you’re following.
    Afterwards, I’ll be sure to follow you back!

    Thanks!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...would sure love to have a look at your blog!!:)

      Delete
  15. Love that you were able to get pictures taken of the outfit. Great handmade skirt--really liking the length.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks you!! Would sure drop by!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the 'hunted my brother' part was so funny!
    And girl, why was it difficult to find any top for such pretty skirt? mustard wud have been goo, infact so many colors!
    You have made such a relaxed comfy but pretty skirt!
    www.candyvioleta.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was hard because I wanted something body-fit and all tops were loose..:(
      But this looks quite fine...:)

      Delete
  18. thanks you this is awasome for example

    http://www.obgcockerconnection.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice skirt. I very much like the colour.

    Xo
    http://myscrambledstyle.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)