Saturday, June 2, 2012

Naturally Untanned

The best part of vacation is that you get to take a trip and enjoy with your family. This vacation was similar, I went to Alibaug and then to my native place. The only thing common after returning from these places was that I was tanned (very badly). While most people love their summer tan, I don't. So, I was hunting like crazy for tips to gain back my wheatish complexion . The problem was I have never applied whitening cream and didn't want to start it now. I wanted some natural products. My Ajji (i.e. grandmother, here- mother's mother) and one of my friend, Anisha,  came to my rescue. Today I am sharing those two tips to reduce temporary tanning of the skin.


Ajji's Wisdom

My Ajji's skin is as soft as a baby's bottom (I am not kidding). I always wondered how and what she uses to make her skin shine. Once I asked her, "Ajji, do you go to a beauty salon for facials or clean up?" She gave her cute sweet smile and said, "No dear, haven't you seen me rubbing off tomato,cucumber,papaya and all such things on my face? They make my skin shine and glow. Drinking plenty of water also keeps the skin healthy. Tomato also reduces tan." I was a bacchu (small kid) then, couldn't understand how veggies are healthy, let alone understand how scrubbing yourself with veggies helps the skin. But those wise words stayed with me and helped me this time.

  • First regime for reducing tan- Tomato


After every trip I took a slice of Tomato, took out the seeds carefully and applied it on my face, squishing and scrubbing it on. A thin layer of Tomato juice dries on your skin. Keep it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with water. I do try to do it once a week. It reduces the tan in a really nice way. Just to keep your skin healthy you can do same with cucumber and papaya.



Friend's Advice


When I asked one of my friend regarding a tip for reducing tan, she told me to apply Multani Mitti with Rose Water (you can get both in any ayurvedic medical shop) as a paste on the face.


  • Second regime for reducing tan- Multani Mitti and Rose Water.

Take a dish, take a table spoon of Multani Mitti and add Rose Water to make a thick paste. Quickly, apply it to your entire face and neck except the area near your eyes. Let the whole paste dry. It takes about 15-20 minutes. For a more relaxed time, you can take two cotton balls, dip it in rose water (or just use cucumber slices) and put it on your closed eyelids and relax till the whole paste dries. You will feel your skin stretch and tighten. After it dries, rinse your face with water. You will get an instant whitening effect. I mostly do this a night before a trip or an event to get the glow.



  • Note- If after applying or washing off the above two, your skin burns or rashes appear, please don't try it again and treat it with powder or cream with Aloe Vera. If you are sure of your skin being sensitive or even as a security measure, try it a small patch on your arm-folds first to make sure there is no reaction. Make sure your skin is not harmed in any way.

 Have a Glowing Weekend!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice post girl. Very helpful for these scorching summers!! I so hate those tan marks all over on my skin and they are so awfully patchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swar...yaaa they are patchy....it's irritating!!

      Delete
  2. good tips, will try them soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)