Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Taking a Back Seat

I was back in my den last week and was glad to have some free time after what seemed like zillion years. By the time I opened my browsing window, I was suddenly missing something immensely. It was the pleasure of reading. I love to read books - mystery and romance. But I wasn't missing reading books. What I was really missing was reading blogs. I couldn't remember the last time I had the joy of reading the different blogs I follow as well as writing a deserving comment. I didn't want it to be a hasty visit with small comment. I really wanted to read and appreciate the posts. I wanted to enjoy the very thing that made me a blogger in first place. Reading blogs :)

This was one part of the deal, but the second one came when I joined a site recently. It had an option of  of categories of blog type. First one I could easily write Fashion and Lifestyle but second one was tricky and then I saw the options available for me. The only one that seemed to reach out to me was PERSONAL (yes, it came out just like that in caps lock and bold on my mind though it was written like - Personal). Why? It's because that is when I realized my blog is not at all personal. Yes, it is where I share all my love for fashion. But isn't that just one part of me? I want to share some different parts of my life too too. My thoughts, experience, views, etc. Not only that, but I also wanted to know if my fellow bloggers had faced similar situations or have had similar experiences or similar thoughts. For this I knew interaction was the key and for that, I need to know what was going on the blogging world. I was so happy that now I had time to do just that. I don't know if it was a fear of getting judged or criticized is was made me not do it. But I am going to make it a point I try and do it regularly. Read, comment, interact and share.

So, I was on my mission (still there)- Taking a Back Seat and Reading.

This post is specially to share my experience in this mission and to get a reason to share something personal with you *smiles*. It amazed me, how much I missed this part in my busy schedule. It was a joy going to blogs I used to visit earlier or the blogs which I follow via Facebook. I even found some new blogs. To know their views, experiences, hauls, diy projects and other such things was such fun. It is an inspiring experience in so many ways. Of course, I couldn't go through each and every blog, but I am trying to.

You might find a comment from me on your blog among the comments from various other people. It was sheer joy to read your post and to comment on your blog. The comment would be there to tell you that, somewhere, you would be influencing my life or being a part of it. It would be the reader in me that would speak and Thank you.   :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Habanero Handmade for dropping by....I am glad you found it interesting!! Visit again!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was one heartfelt post. Sometimes even I feel that i giveaway just too much of my real self on the virtual space which doesn't always end up bringing pleasant experiences. Looking forward to more posts and more importantly,more regularly. Am missing you here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon...:)
      I think the balance of personal involvement is necessary...I m certainly searching for that!! :)

      Delete
    2. Absolutely !! Bets wishes for the exam...rock them and jaldi jaldi wapas aao :D

      Delete
  3. greate blog Dear:) I follow you now:) invite to me and I hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought :)